- Product manager with 10 years of success in leading the launch of innovative features on desktop, mobile, and native app.
- Experienced at creating delightful omnichannel shopping experiences for retail customers.
- Skilled at leading cross-functional teams, building relationships, and rallying the teams towards a common goal.
- Trained and experienced in leading an agile team as product owner for building a variety of digital experiences.
- Strong individual contributor with technical background in software, architecture, programming, and databases.
- Built four websites from scratch and made them popular. Sold two of the websites.
- Published in several popular tech magazines and filed four patents.
Senior Product Manager, Kohl's Technology, Milpitas, CA, March 2016 - present
- Bots: Product owner for chatbots and voicebots deployed at Kohl's for customers and employees.
- Rewards program: Product owner for Kohl's Rewards program and user experience on mobile devices.
- Search, browse, cart, checkout: Product owner for various parts of mobile shopping flow.
- Omnichannel retail experiences: Built and improved omnichannel commerce experiences related to product pricing, promotions, rewards, orders, digital wallet, store pickup, in-store shopping, in-store chatbot/concierge, etc., to serve the modern multi-channel customer.
Senior Product Manager, Walmart Labs, Sunnyvale, CA, October 2014 - February 2016
- Payments: Product owner for API-based payment platform that enables transactions on web, mobile, and native app.
- Pay in cash: Product owner for a feature that lets users checkout online but pay for the order in any Walmart store.
- Agile: Trained as agile product owner, writing user stories, maintaining product backlog, and driving releases in sprints.
- KPIs: Identified payment-related metrics and prepared requirements for a dashboard to provide reports on the metrics.
- Cross-border payments: Explored opportunities in cross-border ecommerce with the objective of increasing checkout conversion by localizing the buying experience, offering local payment methods, and supporting local currencies.
Senior Product Manager, StubHub, San Francisco, CA, March 2012 - October 2014
- Mobile checkout: Product owner for StubHub’s migration to a new responsive checkout experience for buyers on desktop and mobile, with the objective of increasing buyer conversion rates, reducing buyer fraud, and reducing customer support calls.
- User segments: Devised an innovative way to migrate users to a new responsive checkout by phasing entire Checkout release into MVPs for targeted user segments, and measuring impact on those segments before migrating other user segments.
- Product roadmap: Maintained a prioritized product roadmap on internal wiki with features going live with each release, MVP for each release, along with development dates, release dates, and expected financial impact of each release.
- Checkout improvements: Made several improvements to the checkout flow, like quick login/registration, efficient address entry and validation, promoting PayPal as a payment method, and instant download of tickets after purchase.
- Metrics, KPIs: Obsessively tracked all metrics related to checkout, like revenue, drop-off rates at various stages of checkout, repeat purchase rates, delivery methods, clickthrough rates on critical elements in the purchase flow, etc.
- A/B tests: Performed many A/B tests and used results from A/B tests and usability sessions to guide product decisions.
- Analytics: Proficient with analytics tools like Splunk, TeaLeaf, Omniture, and Test & Target to understand customer behavior.
- Agile: Underwent extensive training in agile development, writing user stories, prioritization, backlog, and delivering features in sprints.
- Product training: Attended a 2-day training course on ‘How to build products customers love’ from Silicon Valley Product Group.
Self-employed, August 2009 - February 2012
- Launched and sold two innovative and profitable websites created out of personal need.
- Launched www.trackitt.com and established it as the #1 community website for U.S. green card seekers, featuring insightful, comprehensive reports and analysis to provide individuals with status of green card applications. The website achieved 7 million page views per month and exceeded 500,000 user registrations.
- Launched www.lawbench.com, an innovative website providing individuals with access to lawyers at affordable prices through 20-minute consultations as opposed to traditional hourly sessions.
Product Manager, eBay, San Jose, CA, February 2007 - August 2009
- Led different aspects of buyer and seller experience engaging in local trade on eBay.
- Spearheaded multiple usability tests, demonstrating ineffectiveness of rich interactive maps in stimulating buyer behavior.
- Collaborated with various cross-functional teams like User Experience and Visual Design teams in creation of prototypes for usability tests, and Analytics team in creation of AB testing plan to determine best traffic acquisition strategy.
- Established a comprehensive set of metrics to measure success of eBay Local by measuring increase in local inventory, adoption of local pickup and delivery, presence of ZIP codes in listings, use of local filters, and buyer conversions.
- Engaged Product Management, User Experience, Engineering, and Analytics teams in defining product roadmap for community-driven item tags used to describe listings in select categories.
Senior Software Engineer, eBay, San Jose, CA, October 2003 - February 2007
- Drove projects like Bulk listings for Large Sellers, Saving Sell Flow as a Draft, Seller and Item Filters for eBay Express.
- Earned special recognition awards for several projects like Delayed Seller Registration, Listing half.com Items on eBay, Listing in Lots.
- Proposed 12 innovative ideas in the innovation forum and filed 3 patents.
Senior Software Engineer, eSilicon, Sunnyvale, CA, September 2000 - August 2003
- Developed a J2EE-based e-Business infrastructure hosted on WebLogic server, and later ported it to a .NET framework hosted on Sharepoint portal server.
- Initiated and led the effort of providing customers with web services for accessing their data remotely.
- Designed and developed a unique user management framework to synchronize user information across multiple enterprise systems using Java Message Service (JMS).
- Designed and developed an innovative rule-based content management and publishing framework.
- Published several articles in leading industry publications.
Software Engineer, Geomagic, Research Triangle Park, NC, July 1999 - September 2000
- Assisted in development of a graphical menu-based standalone application called Geomagic Studio that could process a point cloud obtained from scanning a physical part and could generate highly accurate models for manufacturing.
- Implemented various algorithm-intensive features like camera positioning, model verification, curvature-based hole filling, automatic edge sharpening, etc.
- Kaanoon (2013): Simple, online solution for obtaining legal advice and legal services from top-rated lawyer in India. Built the website from scratch and made it popular.
- TaxFull (2013): Simple, online solution for obtaining tax advice and tax services from top-rated chartered accountants in India. Built the website from scratch and made it popular.
- Lawbench (2008): Simple, easy, affordable solution for getting answers and phone consultations from immigration lawyers. Built the website from scratch and made it popular.
- trackitt (2006): Powerful and effective way to share the progress of visa applications and track visa processing trends. Built the website from scratch and made it popular.
- Multiple Format Search Result Sets, US Patent# 10430853, October 2019
- Insurance Benefits Estimator, US Patent# 8306832, November 2012
- Method and System of Aggregating Listings for Sale (2007)
- Cascade Bidding (2006)
- Method and System of Listing an Item in a Fixed-Price Section (2004)
- Use of Factory Method Design Pattern in the .NET Framework, O'Reilly ONDotNet.com, August 2003
- Team Development with Visual Studio .NET on a Shared Server, .NET Developer's Journal, June 2003
- Create Richer Hyperlinks with JSP Custom Tags, O'Reilly ONJava.com, April 2003
- Manage Users with JMS, JavaWorld, March 2003
- Writing Type-Safe Collections in C#, O'Reilly ONDotNet.com, March 2003
- VizCraft: A Problem-Solving Environment for Aircraft Configuration Design,
IEEE Computing in Science & Engineering, Vol. 3(1): pages 56-66, January/February 2001
- VizCraft: A Multidimensional Visualization Tool for Aircraft Configuration Design
Proceedings of IEEE Visualization '99, San Francisco, CA, pages 425-428,555, October 1999
- WBCSim: A Prototype Problem Solving Environment for Wood-Based Composites Simulations,
Engineering with Computers, Springer-Verlag London Limited, Vol. 15(2): pages 198-210, August 1999
Masters in Computer Science, Virginia Tech
Awarded Best Masters Student by Department of Computer Science for developing a multi-dimensional aircraft visualization tool
Bachelors in Electronics, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi), India
Won several inter-college awards for developing a web browser capable of rendering 3D objects and animations